IGNOU Food and Nutrition course
- PC : My Result Plus
IGNOU Courses list 2022:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has recently launched a certificate programme in Food and Nutrition course. The university introduced this course in its curriculum on Monday, February 14, 2022. The IGNOU School of Continuing Education is set to offer the course to the candidates desirous of applying for it. Thus, candidates willing to enroll for the said course can proceed with the application on the official website of IGNOU at ignouiop.samarth.edu.in.
The Certificate programme in Food and Nutrition is a post-level literacy programme which is open for people possessing basic reading and writing skills. It is aimed at familiarising the learner with the role of food in ensuring a healthy lifestyle for the individual, family members and the community. It includes features such as food selection and preparation, nutrition for people from infancy till old age, economics of food, kitchen gardening, consumer rights, food adulteration, safety and education and many more.
As far as the eligibility criteria is concerned, the candidate need not be formally qualified, but must be over 18 years of age, as on the last date for admission form receipt. An amount of Rs 1,900 will be charged for the entire course, with Rs 200 as registration fees, which shall be paid separately.
The medium of instruction for the course is bilingual (English and Hindi). The course will be completed within a time period of 6 months.
Steps to apply for the course:
- Go to the official website of IGNOU at ignouiop.samarth.edu.in.
- Register if you are a new user on the site. Kindly log in if you are an existing user. Then click on the link that reads "Apply for Food and Nutrition course".
- The application form will appear on the screen. Enter all the required details and ensure there are no spelling or factual errors. Upload all the documents in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fees in the online mode. Then click on 'Submit' and save the application page for future references.
- Obtain its hard copy for further need.
The final date to fill the application form is February 21, 2022.
Related Articles on Career Diary